Basil Essential OIL
Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Oil
- contains high levels of antioxidants and other beneficial phyto-chemicals.
- The result is an effective and completely natural formula that helps treat
- emotional healing
- immune-related conditions.
- Used in Aromatherapy , and as a topical muscle and body rub.
In the 16th century, powdered basil was used to treat migraines and chest infections.
The Eastern Orthodox Church used it in the making of holy water.
While fresh basil herbs are also beneficial and a great way to flavor recipes, basil essential oil is much more concentrated and potent.
Aromatherapy & Diffusers
Topical uses-Dilute in carrier oil, apply topically in low concentration
Aromatherapy oil with depression and stress and is a natural mood enhancer.
- With a naturally sweet, warm, spicy and herbal smell, basil oil can be used in multiple ways in a muscle rub.
- Fighting bacteria
- Fighting infections
- Reducing disease-causing inflammation
- Fighting free radical damage
- Fighting viruses
- Relieving congestion
- Stimulating the nervous system
Stimulating the adrenal cortex
The result is an effective and completely natural formula that helps treat cardiovascular, muscular, emotional and immune-related conditions.
We use this oil in Organic Body Shop Aloe Basil body wash and Lotion.
Plant Part: Flowers and leaves
Description / Color / Consistency: A pale yellow liquid-thicker than most
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma:
- Basil has a sweet, spicy, fresh scent with a faint balsamic woody back note and a lasting sweetness.
Blends With: Thyme, Sweet Thyme, Lavender, Marjoram, Chamomile, Rose Otto, Palmarosa, and Geranium
- Grown in North America
- Harvested and extracted by Organic Body Shop
- Made in Ontario
- Extraction- Cold press to carbon steam extraction
- primarily consists of monoterpenes and phenylpropanoids.
- methyl eugenol (39.3 percent) and methyl chavicol (38.3 percent).
All natural sustainable ingredients. No animal testing. Paraben Free.
- Recyclable plastics.
- Biodegradable packaging. PH balance.
- Crafted by a chemist.
- All skincare products are naturally preserved and have a 2 year shelf life.
- Except essential oils and salves-these last up to 6 years
- Made by Organic Body shop.ca in Ontario Canada
- All information on the page has scientific research and you can search the web for other studies.
- All product names and ingredient combinations are proprietary and intellectual property of Organic Body Shop
- Item may be different from photo.