Bergamot Essential Oil
Mondarda didyma‘ (Bee Balm)
- Not to be confused with the bergamot fruit
- Monarda, commonly called bee balm , Wild bergamot,
- is also known by the names oswego tea and horsemint
- This is a plant extract from fresh flowers.
- Part of the Mint family
- Bee balm is antimicrobial and soothing
Making it a favorite among skincare manufacturers and used in native remedies
Aromatherapy & Diffusers
Aromatherapists use it as an aromatherapy oil with depression and stress and is a natural mood enhancer.
- natural antiviral
- used in aromatherapy as it is able to induce feelings of peace and tranquility within you.
- ridding your system of stress, tension and anxiety.
- Not only that, it also helps to uplift your spirits and puts you in a better mood as it combats depression
- Not only does bee balm smell wonderful, a herbal sachet used to make a herbal steam can help clear your nasal passages.
- Bee balm has a lot of thymol, the same constituent that makes thyme a natural decongestant.
- Externally, it’s used to treat scrapes, stings and rashes.
- Bee balm is also nervine, that has a gentle calming effect on the nervous system
- Beautiful as a facial steam oil and as an addition to steam to boost respiratory ease.
- Used diluted in a blend for face serum
- Combined with Tamanu as a carrier oil, it is effective for treating acne, dandruff, sores, lesions, and more.
- Mix with Marjoram for muscles and relaxing blends.
- Externally as a rub it’s used to treat scrapes, stings and rashes.
- some pain relief benefits
- Bergamot doesn’t only do wonders for your skin,
- Heals cuts and bruises with a topical diluted rub
- It contains Tannis which keeps skin clear and glowing
We use this oil in Organic Body Shop Ageless skin care line.
Plant Part: Whole Flower and leaves
Description / Color / Consistency: A pale yellow liquid
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: very sweet, floral with a touch of fruity fragrance in it.
Blends With: Thyme, Sweet Thyme, Lavender, Marjoram, Chamomile, Rose Otto, Palmarosa, and Geranium
- Grown in North America
- Harvested and extracted by Organic Body Shop
- Made in Ontario
- Extraction- Cold press to carbon steam extraction
cardiac glycoside, geraniol (over 90%), linalool, thymol, and sesquiterpenes.
All natural sustainable ingredients. No animal testing. Paraben Free.
- Recyclable plastics.
- Biodegradable packaging. PH balance.
- Crafted by a chemist.
- All skincare products are naturally preserved and have a 2 year shelf life.
- Except essential oils and salves-these last up to 6 years
- Made by Organic Body shop.ca in Ontario Canada
- All information on the page has scientific research and you can search the web for other studies.
- All product names and ingredient combinations are proprietary and intellectual property of Organic Body Shop
- Item may be different from photo.